Sunday, March 3, 2013

My addiction to wreaths

I have developed this new addiction to making Wreaths. I have been inspired by Pinterest of course, and have realized you can make a wreath for any season! So i have decided to make a wreath for every season/holiday.

                                                           Halloween 2012:
I got my idea from Better Homes and Gardens!

1) I did use a black boa I had lying around, but I did buy a 18' circle wreath form from Michael's (before i knew i could do it for cheaper) i found that 1 boa did not make it look full enough so had to use 2 black boas. gluing around the circle. i did focus more on the front since it is what you see.

2) I did manipulate the eyes a bit, I had a bag of pom pom's from the dollarstore from a previous craft and so i used up those gluing the googley eyes on them (also from dollar store) - i glued the pom poms together before gluing onto wreath.

3) I found the "boo" from the dollarstore, simply used pipe cleaner to attach it around the wreath!! i am so happy with how it turned out!!
 

                                     Christmas 2012: My first christmas ball wreath!
I got the tutorial from here: Matt & Becky's Blog!

She give's an AMAZING description on how to do it, it was so easy to follow!

1) I decided to go with a plain silver wreath (it was a gift for my neighbour and her decoration theme was red and silver) I happened to get a giant container of christmas balls on sale.

 2) I do love how it turned out and how simple it is!! and it was actually SO FAST to make I think i made it in an hour.

 3) For this wreath I used the Plumbing tubing idea I got from here: Pipe Insultation Wreath

 4) I did realize with a hot glue gun that the tubing does melt very easily!! so be careful!


                                                       "Winter theme" wreath 
I made a lovely winter theme wreath for my boyfriends Sister and brother-in-law who live in sunny NC. I am quite happy with how it turned out!!

I got some inspiration from here: Christmas Craft Wreath

1)She really wanted a winter "theme" one since they celebrate Hannukah I chose a Silver theme and was able to pick up the fake pine wreath from Walmart for $8 i believe!

 2) I found the monogram "B" for their last name which i like a lot because it is more welcoming on a front door.

 3) I did spray some fake snow and sprinkled glitter on the pine after using a spray adhesive spray so that it would stick! I just found an "elmers spray adhesive"
 

                                                             Valentines Day 2013
I couldn't find a decent sized heart shape form so I tried to make my own, I got help from here: Cameron Homemade

There were so many wreath ideas on pinterest for valentines day so I wanted to try something different, I am not very happy with how it turned out, ill try again next year!

1) Getting the tubing into the heart shape was quite difficult and picky.

2) I had also made the heart shape prior to wrapping it in yarn, which my boyfriend mentioned would have been easier to wrap as a solid long piece.. So if you try this.. wrap it in yarn BEFORE making the heart shape.

3) I made the flowers out of felt which i got the tutorial from here: Little Things Bring Smiles

4) I found the little hearts at the dollarstore and glued them on.

 I Think that is all for now! I will for sure be posting more since I am just about to start my St Paddy's Day one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment